Radio Forecast Network Affiliate Agreement
Radio Forecast Network will supply (on a barter basis) "recorded live" customized studio-quality mp3 weather forecasts designed to fit your stations’ format and audience.
These weather forecasts are produced and uploaded to our servers and made available on your stations’ personalized web weather-page at www.RadioForecastNetwork.com. You simply access your weather-page and download the file. Your automation system can automatically download these files directly from the site. Radio Spider audio-downloader software is available from Digital Jukebox.
Radio Forecast Network will provide recorded weather forecasts Monday through Sunday covering multiple dayparts. Depending on the Nielsen Ranking of your market, your station will receive up to seven (7) separate forecast updates per day Monday-Friday and four (4) per day on Saturday and Sunday. RFN agrees to deliver forecasts "dry." Music beds or "jingles" inserted at the RFN announcer level will be negotiated at a higher rate (barter). Your radio station may specify any length up to (60) sixty seconds. Please specify if network or automation requires an exact length, i.e., 29.5 seconds, 30.0 seconds, etc. If a jingle will be added at the station level, your radio station is asked to provide the available length of the "donut" for actual forecast voiceover.
In exchange for this service, your radio station agrees to provide Radio Forecast Network with spot inventory on your station on a use-or-lose basis. Your market ranking will determine the inventory your station provides RFN:
TOP 20 NIELSEN MARKET RANKED STATIONS will be negotiated on an individual station basis. (Based on Rate, Audience and Market Ranking)
NIELSEN MARKET RANKED STATIONS #21 through #200--- (3) 60 second spots per day OR (6) 30 second spots per day to air in equal dayparts 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Mon. through Sun.
NIELSEN MARKETS #201 through #300--- FOUR minutes per day. (3) 60 second spots per day OR (6) 30 second spots per day to air in equal dayparts 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Mon. through Sun. PLUS ONE (1) minute of inventory 6p to 10p, M-S.
NON-RANKED MARKET STATIONS--- (6) 60 second spots per day OR (12) 30 second spots per day 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Mon. through Sun. PLUS a small monthly cash charge of $29.95*. (some exceptions apply to Louisiana and Texas stations)
* EXCEPTION: IF ONE STATION IN YOUR CLUSTER FALLS IN A RANKED MARKET, THERE WILL BE NO CASH CHARGE FOR ANY NON-RANKED STATION IN YOUR CLUSTER.
Station has the right to refuse ANY commercial provided by RFN. In such a case, RFN’s proprietary software, MediaAdPro™, allows the station to “Replace” that commercial for one that is acceptable to the station.
Suggested Feed Schedule:
All times are local to the radio station (Atlantic – Eastern – Central – Mountain – Pacific)
RFN will deliver weather forecasts to suit your stations’ needs; many of our stations choose the following:
Monday - Friday: Morning (AM) feeds are posted prior to 6:00 AM. Midday/Afternoon (MID) feeds are posted prior to 12:00 noon. Evening forecasts (EV) are posted prior to 5:00 PM. Overnight (OV) forecasts are posted prior to 11:00 PM. AM forecasts are worded to be valid 6:00 AM to 12:00 Noon. MID forecasts are worded to be valid 12:00 Noon to 6:00 PM. EV forecasts are worded to be valid from sunset-midnight. OV forecasts are worded to be valid any time after midnight through sunrise.
Additional Morning Drive and Afternoon drive forecasts Monday through Friday are available to stations in Arbitron Rated markets based on market rank.
Saturday & Sunday: Weekend feeds are available the same times as M-F feeds. We cannot provide all feeds for each weekend day in one file.
Terms & Conditions:
1. Radio Forecast Network agrees to provide at least one "dry" forecast for each daypart. Wxbeds or weather jingles can be mixed in at a cost of ONE (1) additional minute of inventory per day in the evening daypart. (6p to 10p).
2. Radio Forecast Network cannot provide forecasts, live updates or “special reports” via telephone.
3. Radio Forecast Network assures timeliness in the delivery of weather updates and guarantees that forecasts will be specific to your radio stations’ National Weather Service zone. However, Radio Forecast Network cannot be held liable for forecasts that are not deliverable due to power or service interruption or internet service provider problems. RFN cannot guarantee the accuracy of the source of the data used to deliver forecasts.
4. Either party, for any reason, may terminate this contract. Radio Forecast Network agrees to give a SIXTY (60) day notice of contract termination, except in cases of non-payment. (Refusal to air inventory ordered by RFN or refusal to provide Proof of Performance Affidavits to RFN on a timely basis) RFN expects similar consideration in return. If the RFN aipt of said email notification must be available to assure that both parties are aware of contractual obligations.
5. Sponsor mentions must be provided to RFN forty-eight (48) hours in advance of their airdates. No more than one sponsor mention per daypart may be incorporated into the open and/or close of the forecast itself.
6. Radio Forecast Network will provide insertion orders (with accompanying commercials) to the radio stations’ traffic department through MediaAdPro™. Radio station must agree to process insertion-orders WEEKLY.
7. ALL insertion orders are to be followed according to the specific weekly instructions of RFN. Inventory cannot be PREEMPTED unless negotiated with RFN in advance prior to the week in question.
8. Proof of Performance Affidavits must be processed WEEKLY through MediaAdPro™, RFN’s proprietary online traffic software. It will not be necessary for the radio station to sendific to this contract or failure to provide Proof of Performance Affidavits in a timely manner can result in immediate termination.
9. Failure of affiliate to air commercials specific to this contract or failure to provide Proof of Performance Affidavits in a timely manner can result in immediate termination.
Sign Up Now!